We are proud to announce that the vision for the central Winchester masterplan has now been presented to the public.
Working with JTP Architects and involving extensive public engagement we have developed a vision for a pedestrian friendly quarter in central Winchester. This includes:
- a new mixed-use quarter, including retail, market, commercial, cultural, housing and community uses to complement the city centre and serve the whole community
- plans for attractive buildings, streets and places, designed and laid out with a Winchester character and scale – described as “Winchesterness”.
- a range of active and restful spaces in the heart of the city, including the opening up of the brook to the east of the site
- developing a footprint for the way the public realm will be developed across the whole area
- creating a new bus hub and routing buses away from The Broadway and High Street to allow for environmental improvements to accommodate markets and other street based activities.
These proposals will now inform the development of a Supplementary Planning Document for the future development of the site.
Return to posts